Happy Mother’s Day! To anyone who isn’t a mother, I’m sure you are an inspiration to someone in your life, so please feel included in Sunday’s festivities. I don’t have children, so I just tag on for fun Below is a photo of my mom and I at my wedding.
I thought that it would be appropriate to suggest a few “clutter free” gift suggestions for the weekend. We’re all older now, and I think mom can do without those tissue paper flowers that we annual gave when we were in elementary school. Why not try one of these suggestions?
1. Plants – For the last couple of years, we have bought my mom plants for her garden. They’ve gone over well, and I’ve even helped plant them, which means that we’re also giving the gift of time
2. Fresh Cut Flowers – Interestingly, I heard on the radio this morning that fresh cut flowers are more work for mom than intended. However, I love flowers, so even though there might be some work involved, they would make me smile.
3. An Experience – Treat mom to a pedicure, manicure or massage. Hey! Why not treat yourself, too, and go together?
4. Chores – You may not get an allowance anymore, but I’m sure she would appreciate someone dusting and vacuuming for a day.
5. Dinner – Either going out, or preparing it yourself, mom will love to enjoy a meal she didn’t have to prepare, nor clean up afterwards from.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I love you! <3